Don’t want to make New Year’s resolutions for 2018? That’s understandable considering that the vast majority – something like 80% – go unfulfilled. But, as a leading provider of staffing in Houston, TX, Murray Resources knows if you’re a manager, you should be setting specific goals for your team in the New Yer. And there are some questions to ask ahead of time to ensure you’re setting the right goals; ones that are achievable too. Here’s a look at 13 of them:
- What do you wish you would have done last year that you didn’t? How can you incorporate that into your new goals for the New Year?
- What are your top three priorities in the New Year and how will you measure progress toward achieving them?
- What are your biggest overall career goals and what steps can you take toward achieving them in 2018?
- What skills are most important for you to learn in the year head?
- What business or professional development books should you be reading in 2018?
- What other professional development goals should you be setting? How do you plan to achieve them?
- What are your biggest strengths? What are some ways you can put them to better use in 2018?
- What are your biggest weaknesses? How can you overcome them in the New Year?
- In what areas could you improve your own physical health? Sleep more, exercise consistently or eat better?
- In what ways do you want to give back and help others in the year ahead?
- What is the number one most important thing you’d like to accomplish in 2018?
- How will you better nurture relationships with each individual employee in the coming year?
- How can you better help your team succeed in the New Year? What’s the biggest problem they’re having? How can you work together to overcome it?
If one of the area’s you and your team are struggling in involves a lack of available manpower or a skill gap, let the team at Murray Resources help. As a leading provider of staffing in Houston, TX, we have the knowledge and experience – not to mention the expansive candidate network – to help you find and hire the people you need, where and when you need them. So if you’re looking for a better and easier way to hire in the year ahead, simply contact Murray Resources. We can help.